Quick Jump to Section
Element Event Center
Child Swim Lessons
Swim Lesson Schedule
Adult Swim Lessons
Group Fitness Classes
Water Fitness Classes
Up With Kids
Fire Water and Ice Festival
Utah Olympic Oval
KOPFC HOURS OF OPERATION:
Open: Mon-Thu 5am-10pm| Fri 7am-9pm | Sat 7am-8pm| Sun Noon-5pm | 801-966-5555
Open: Mon-Thu 5am-10pm | Fri 5am-9pm | Sat 7am-8pm | Sun Noon-5pm | 801-966-5555
RSA – Receptionist Sales Associate (Part time Seasonal) Download Application
Starting wage: $9.25 /hour
Reports to: Operations Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Responsible for Fitness Center admissions, memberships, program registrations, sales, and customer service functions
- Greet patrons and admit them in a timely manner
- Register patrons for programs
- Ensure that proper fees are being charged to patrons
- Control the flow of patrons and visitors past the front desk
- Sell concessions and retail items to patrons
- Orient parents in regard to policies and procedures that must be followed
- Answer phone calls and provide requested information or transfer to the appropriate personnel
- Reconcile cash drawer following all related policies and procedures
- Coordinate and communicate closely with Center personnel to ensure that required information is obtained and conveyed to the public
- Responsible for maintaining the professional atmosphere of the Fitness Center
- Give excellent customer service to the patrons of the Fitness Center
- Summer months also work daily admissions in Kiosk
- Preferably at least 18 years of age
- Food handlers permit (if working as a concessions cashier)
- Excellent public relations skills
- Ability to relate well with children and adults
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Willingness to assist others
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, employees, and the general public
Lifeguards Download Application
Starting Wage: $9.25 /hour
Description: Under the direction of the Aquatics Safety Supervisor, help ensure the safety and supervision of the patrons in and around the Aquatic areas of the Fitness Center.
We have paid training classes starting every month beginning in January. Benefits include Free KOPFC membership, Flexible work schedule, Opportunity to work throughout the school year, and FUN summer or year-round job.”
Enroll in a Lifeguard Training course at KOPFC, you must be at least 15 years old by the time the class ends and be able to pass the pre-screening test by the end of the class, which consists of the following skills:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
■ Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
■ Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
Participants will also be required to pass All final written and practical exams for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid; Lifeguarding/ Waterpark Lifeguarding Skills. As part of the requirements for receiving American Red Cross course completion certificates, participants must pass each written exam with minimum score of 80 percent.
There will be a follow up call to set up an interview time. Part of the interview will also be swim test, so please come to your scheduled interview ready to swim, any question, please contact Casem Talbot at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-545-4116
Thanks for your interest in Lifeguarding
Night Time Custodian Download Application
Starting Wage: Starting at $9.85
Position Reports to: Physical Facilities Supervisor
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Physical Facility Supervisor, perform activities to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the Fitness Center.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- One year related experience.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and techniques, sanitation tools and equipment and cleaning agents and their use.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge in the types and use of machines, tools and equipment related to cleaning a fitness center.
- Ability to relate well with supervisors, subordinates, co-workers and the general public.
Hours: Based on needs.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Please direct questions and applications to Steve Sherwood or call 966-5555 ext 127.