Quick Jump to Section
KATEC - Expansion
Child Swim Lessons
Swim Lesson Schedule
Adult Swim Lessons
Total Fitness Classes
Water Fitness Classes
Up With Kids
Doggy Paddle Day
Trick or Treat Street
Utah Olympic Oval
KOPFC HOURS OF OPERATION:
Open: Mon-Thu 5am-10pm| Fri 5am-9pm| Sat 7am-8pm| Sun Noon-5pm | 801-966-5555
Open: Mon-Thu 5am-10pm | Fri 5am-9pm| Sat 7am-8pm | Sun Noon-5pm | 801-966-5555
Lifeguards Download Application
Starting Wage: $9.25 /hour
Description: Under the direction of the Aquatics Safety Supervisor, help ensure the safety and supervision of the patrons in and around the Aquatic areas of the Fitness Center.
We have paid training classes starting every month beginning in January. Benefits include Free KOPFC membership, Flexible work schedule, Opportunity to work throughout the school year, and FUN summer or year-round job.”
Enroll in a Lifeguard Training course at KOPFC, you must be at least 15 years old by the time the class ends and be able to pass the pre-screening test by the end of the class, which consists of the following skills:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
■ Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
■ Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
Participants will also be required to pass All final written and practical exams for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid; Lifeguarding/ Waterpark Lifeguarding Skills. As part of the requirements for receiving American Red Cross course completion certificates, participants must pass each written exam with minimum score of 80 percent.
There will be a follow up call to set up an interview time. Part of the interview will also be swim test, so please come to your scheduled interview ready to swim, any question, please contact Casem Talbot at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-545-4116
Thanks for your interest in Lifeguarding
Female Afternoon Custodian (Part Time) Download Application
Starting Wage: $9.85 per hour.
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Physical Facility Supervisor, perform activities to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the Fitness Center.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Experience preferred but not required..
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and techniques, sanitation tools and equipment and cleaning agents and their use.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge in the types and use of machines, tools and equipment related to cleaning a fitness center.
- Ability to relate well with supervisors, subordinates, co-workers and the general public.
Hours: 8 – 20 hours per week. Based on needs.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Please direct questions and applications to Steve Sherwood or call 801.545.4117.